Saturday, 11 August 2012

My First Read-a-thon - Goals

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

Very excited that I am going to be a part of the Bout of Books read-a-thon that is starting on Monday. I'm behind on my Goodreads challenge to read 50 books, so I'm hoping this is a good opportunity to catch up a bit, as well as being a bit of a challenge for me. 

I am going to challenge myself to read at least 4 books this week, although I think that reading 7 would be great, but unlikely. I think I just like the sound of reading a book a day for a week. Poetic, and nerdy.

You can follow my progress on twitter or here throughout the week, and I will post reviews for all the books I read, and maybe even some pics of ALL OF THE BOOKS!!!

At the moment, the books I plan to read are...

The Book of Tomorrow, by Cecelia Ahern
The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern
Empire of Silver, by Conn Iggulden
The Lady of the Rivers, By Philippa Gregory


and hopefully... 
Murder on the Orient Express, by Agatha Christie
The Brightest Star in the Sky, by Marian Keyes
Ill Wind, by Rachel Caine (my godmother, also know as the fairy book-mother is lending me this and assures me the series is something I'll enjoy)

And these that I have added on to my list too!!
The Host, by Stephenie Meyer
Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, by H.P. Mallory

But, I will probably change the order, and the choices of books, and everything else, ever. I am the Queen of Indecision.

First though, is the weekend, and I have 3 reviews to finish and a suntan to work on.



Look out for these over the next few days.

8 comments:

  1. Great list of books. Good luck and have fun and be sure to thank your fairy book mother! Wish we all had one! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I'm very lucky to have a fairy book mother, she is very useful (and borrowing her books saves me a fortune!) If you don't have a fairy book mother yourself its probably because you are one yourself already. Good luck in the read-a-thon.

      Delete
  2. I love Agatha Christie- and I really want to read the Night Circus (it is just sitting on my bookshelf). I hope you have a great week :) I am a new follower and I am also participating in Bout of Books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I'm really looking forward to reading the Night Circus, its been sitting on my shelf for a few months now. Good luck in the BOB read-a-thon!

      Delete
  3. Welcome aboard. The Night Circus is still in my TBR pile. Hope you have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hope you enjoy the read-a-thon too. The Night Circus looks great but has just been slowly pushed aside as new shiny books turn up, which is a terrible habit that I have. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait!

      Delete
  4. Great list! The Night Circus is AWESOME! I really enjoyed it. Good luck with your goals ... I hope you can surpass your goal of 4 books and get 7 in (or more!). ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm starting the Night Circus next but now I'm worried my expectations are too high because everyone has been hyping it so much.

      Delete

Free ice cream and beer for all who comment! Ok, that's a promise I can't keep. Maybe a hug if we ever meet in the real world... or just leave your twitter handle and I'll send you a virtual one? Maybe.
Anyway, I'm grateful that you took the time to comment. You are indeed mighty witty.