Monday, 20 August 2012

Read-a-thon Updates....

So...
Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

Sexy Bout Of Books participants, leave me lovely messages and I will stalk you back and leave you similarly lovely whoop-whoop well done messages. 

Progress Update...

Monday 13th
Book(s) read:  The Host, by Stephenie Meyer
Pages read: 104
Total Books finished: 0
Thoughts for monday...
So its only the first day of the Bout of Books read-a-thon and already I have changed  added to my book list, which you can look at here. I started reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer today, which was another of the books my fairy book mother lent me the other day. I was going to start with something from my original goals list, but it just felt like a day to read about aliens.


Tuesday 14th
Book(s) read: The Host, by Stephenie Meyer
Pages read: 515
Total Books finished: 1 (YAY!!)

Thoughts for Tuesday: finished The Host today. Wish I had stuck with it on Monday because it got much better almost as soon as I picked it up from p.104. Did finish it at 4am as I had social obligations (playing crazy golf, watching the fireworks and then a visit to the pub) in the evening, but this was pre-sleep, so it counts as Tuesday still!


Wednesday 15th
Book(s) read: Ill Wind, by Rachel Caine; Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, by H.P. Mallory
Pages read: 36 + 81= 117
Total Books finished: 1
Thoughts for Wednesday: Got really into Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (free on ibooks on ipad), but its The Boyfriend's Ipad, and so my time with it was limited. Luckily he is working tomorrow, so will continue it then!

Thursday 16th
Book(s) read: Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, by H.P. Mallory
Pages read: 235
Total Books finished: 1 (still)
Thoughts for Thursday: been taking books/ipad everywhere in case of extra few minutes reading, but forgot to take it with me when I had tyres on the car replaced. Never wanted to read so much for an hour in my life! Work tomorrow so not nearly enough reading will be going on! Only 50pages left on Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble!!

Friday 17th
Book(s) read:  Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, by H.P. Mallory; Ill Wind, by Rachel Caine
Pages read: 50+18
Total Books finished: 2 (yay!!)
Thoughts for Friday: Busy day with work and just generally being exhausted. Fell asleep after only 18 pages of Ill Wind, which was surprising as it was a really good 18 pages. 

Saturday 18th
Book(s) read: None at all!!!
Pages read: 0
Total Books finished: 2
Thoughts for Saturday: too much stuff to do to read today (unfortunately), but hoping for a big reading push tomorrow. Nearly there!


Sunday 19th
Book(s) read: Ill Wind, by Rachel Caine
Pages read: 188
Total Books finished: 2 and two thirds!!
Thoughts for Sunday: Had a really busy day, taking the dog for a walk and reversing my car into a wall (luckily only a small dent, and even that had popped back out by the time I got home). About 2/3 through Ill Wind, which I am really enjoying, so I'm glad I've got the next book to go straight onto it afterwards.

Total Pages Read: 1227
Total Books Read: Nearly 3 (So so close).
Can't wait until Bout of Books 6.0!!! I'll have to try and beat this weeks totals next time! Hope that everyone else managed to reach the targets they set for themselves. I think that I need to look at listening to an audio book occasionally so that I can fit in as many books as I want. Did anyone else use audio books during the read-a-thon? Did they help? Let me know!!! xx

15 comments:

  1. Yay!!! The Host!!! I love, love, loved that one! I think I'm one of the only people who liked it more than Twilight. I really wish Stephanie Meyer would come up with a sequel for it!

    Good luck with the rest of the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked The Host more than twilight as well. Been able to convince the Boyfriend to read The Host through endless book-specific-enthusiasm, which doesn't happen very often.

      Delete
  2. I just got a copy of The Host. Is it a must read? www.fromlefttowrite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. Bit of a slow (but interesting) start and then it gets really really good. really love that its from the alien's perspective rather than a human perspective. fantastic story too. total must read!

      Delete
  3. i don't know these books but i will try to get a bit of info on them

    good luck ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you like them if you decide to read any of them!

      Delete
  4. You are doing great! Glad to know that The Host gets better-I've started it several times but haven't been able to get past the first few chpater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! yeah, its a bit of a slow burner. When she finds some other humans, rather than just being around other aliens, is when it really picks up.

      Delete
  5. I was given the host as a gift but never read it. The other two books you posted look really good, I will have to look into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble is free on ibooks on the ipad, so was really surprised when it was so good! considering paying for the sequel which is pretty cheap(i think there are four so far in the series). Hope you like them!

      Delete
  6. I liked The Host so much better than her Twilight series! (There was a lot less whinyness). It looks like you are doing good so far, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I haven't picked up The Host yet, but I keep thinking about it. I just finished Toil and Trouble and then had to pick up Be Witched. I love the Jolie Wilkins books! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your progress :) It's my first read-a-thon too, and I'm definitely finding that life gets in the way a lot!

    How did you find The Host (once it finally got going?!) I don't know if I'm interested enough to buy it, but it could definitely be a library book.

    My progress

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble as a free read on my Kindle too, seems like you enjoyed it so will have to give it a go! Hope you enjoy Ill Wind, I thought it was a fun read :) congrats on great progress so far and hope you have fun on the last day of the readathon!

    Jo @ Urban Fangtasy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did great! Can't wait till January when we get to start all over again. ;) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Free ice cream and beer for all who comment! Ok, that's a promise I can't keep. Maybe a hug if we ever meet in the real world... or just leave your twitter handle and I'll send you a virtual one? Maybe.
Anyway, I'm grateful that you took the time to comment. You are indeed mighty witty.