Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Ready, Set, Read-a-thon Goals and Updates

Ready, Set, Read-a-thon is a read-a-thon where those with overpowering and over-towering TBR piles can join us as we pledge to read as many of them as we can in one weekend. It is being hosted by Faye from A day dreamer's thoughts and Danie and Kate from Booktacular.

Since this is so me, I have signed up, and will be participating through sheer stubbornness, as I have work on both the Friday and Saturday during this read-a-thon. 

So, these are my goals.

1. Read these three books...


'Scuse Me While I Kill This Guy, by Leslie Langtry 
A Family Affair, by Mary Campisi
Thirst, by Claire Farrell

2. Get my twitter interaction on

3. Comment and Encourage/ Be nosey.

4. Reviews for all finished books.

5. Update every day


Friday 31st August
Book(s) read: Thirst, by Claire Farrell
Pages read: about 30 I think
Have realised that all three of my books are on the ipad, and as my mum is not letting me near it while she is using it, I have very little chance to actually read these books!! 

Saturday 1st September
Book(s) read: The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern
Pages Read: 48
Had work again, and went out with the family to a local regatta. So tired I fell asleep with book open, contacts in and lights on. 

Sunday 2nd September
Book(s) read: Thirst, by Claire Farrell; The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern
Pages Read: 28 + 197
Lots more reading done today, so although I didn't even finish one book this weekend, I'm still happy with my progress over the readathon. It was a nice jump-start that I needed as I haven't read much in the previous week at all. Reviews for the books will be up after I actually finish them. Thanks to Faye, Danie and Kate for hosting the Ready Set Readathon!!!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals & happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great goals. I'm sure even with work you'll have a lot of fun doing the readathon! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals! I have work Friday, Saturday and Sunday and am being stubborn too - yay us! :D
    Hope the first day went well for you!

    Thanks so much for joining us for this Read-athon!

    Faye

    ReplyDelete

Free ice cream and beer for all who comment! Ok, that's a promise I can't keep. Maybe a hug if we ever meet in the real world... or just leave your twitter handle and I'll send you a virtual one? Maybe.
Anyway, I'm grateful that you took the time to comment. You are indeed mighty witty.