Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Teaser Tuesday #2

This is a post for Teaser Tuesday, which is where I randomly pick a page of the book I'm reading at the moment, and share with all you lovelies two sentences off that page, with no spoilers allowed. This is a weekly event, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


 This week I'm reading The Book of Tomorrow, by Cecelia Ahern. It's been on my TBR shelf for a few months now, and I have stashed it in my bag to read on the way home from London tonight!


p. 101.
"The birds were like hyperactive monkeys, with constant chirpy calls and doing Tarzan-like swoops from one tree to another. Tired from my all-nighter with my friends, I just kept walking, my head bursting with their conversations, the things I had learned - Laura had had to take the morning-after pill- but none were as loud as the conversation I was having with myself in my head."


Ooh, add to that some random words from the same page, like castle and Lycra, and I am massively intrigued. That and the fairy book mother said that the main guy was a good one.

As ever, feel free to comment. Has anyone else read this book? Or, is anyone thinking of reading it now?  Add it on Goodreads here, or buy from Amazon here.

2 comments:

Free ice cream and beer for all who comment! Ok, that's a promise I can't keep. Maybe a hug if we ever meet in the real world... or just leave your twitter handle and I'll send you a virtual one? Maybe.
Anyway, I'm grateful that you took the time to comment. You are indeed mighty witty.