Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Teaser Tuesday #5


This is a post for Teaser Tuesday, which is where I randomly pick a page of the book I'm reading at the moment, and share with all you lovelies two sentences off that page, with no spoilers allowed. This is a weekly event, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. The button is supplied by the lovely Kylee of Babbling of a Bookaholic. 



 This week I'm reading Rivers of London, by Ben Aaronovitch. It is all about Peter Grant, a police officer in the London MET, and how a murder and subsequent interview with a witness who just happened to be a ghost open his world up to all the secret magical malarky in London. Magic and Men in Uniform, yes please!



p. 213.
The fireball I had already practiced, but when it came to apply Iactus it felt slippery as if, unlike the apples, there was nothing to get a purchase on. When I flung out my arm in the approved dramatic fashion my fireball drifted gently down the length of the firing range, burned a small hole in the target and embedded itself in the sandbags behind. 


Has anyone read any books from this series? I'd love to know your thoughts. 
See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for a blogger award.

    http://babblingofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/09/nominated-for-one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Free ice cream and beer for all who comment! Ok, that's a promise I can't keep. Maybe a hug if we ever meet in the real world... or just leave your twitter handle and I'll send you a virtual one? Maybe.
Anyway, I'm grateful that you took the time to comment. You are indeed mighty witty.