Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Teaser Tuesday #8


This is a post for Teaser Tuesday, which is where I randomly pick a page of the book I'm reading at the moment, and share with all you lovelies two sentences off that page, with no spoilers allowed. This is a weekly event, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. The button is supplied by the lovely Kylee of Babbling of a Bookaholic. 



 This week I'm reading Celebrity in Death, by J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts), which is number 34 in the fantastic In Death Series. 

In this scene, Peabody is reflecting on the case so far with Eve, and how its affecting her perception of the film being made about them. And its such a good moment that I am going to cheat and write more than two sentences. *pretends to look ashamed*

p. 158.
"And that maybe there's a vid of the two of you all naked and sexy and-"

"Stop right there before I boot."

"Hey! Maybe there's a vid of fake Peabody and fake Roarke all naked and sexy. That would definitely make up for it. Maybe I could get a copy."
Has anyone read any books from this series? Did you read them in order, or randomly? And doesn't Eve Dallas just kick ass!! I'd love to know your thoughts. 
See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Saw your blog mentioned on Beyond the Hourglass's and had to check you out when I saw the Friends reference.

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, hope you're having fun with your Leibster post! Just thought I'd mention I'm offering a $10 voucher draw to my new blog/twitter followers, plus there's a $30 drawing competition and other swag for grabs as part of a competition I'm running to help a fellow author. It closes tomorrow so I'd love to see you there, and I'd love an RT if you've got one. :)
    Kat
    https://twitter.com/KatherineAmabel/status/258932811367596032

    ReplyDelete

Free ice cream and beer for all who comment! Ok, that's a promise I can't keep. Maybe a hug if we ever meet in the real world... or just leave your twitter handle and I'll send you a virtual one? Maybe.
Anyway, I'm grateful that you took the time to comment. You are indeed mighty witty.