Monday, 19 November 2012

Sunday Showcase #10

Hello and welcome to Showcase Sunday. Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and the Story Siren, the aim of Showcase Sunday is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week. It is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea.




Apologies for the low picture quality!

Books sent by publisher (Look, a new category!!!!)
The Secret Supper Club, by Dana Bate
Bleak Expectations, The Novel, by Mark Evans


Bought Books/Ebooks (slaps own wrist)
Temeraire, by Naomi Novik
Throne of Jade, by Naomi Novik

Borrowed Books
None!


Free Ebooks
None! 

What's been going on... and plans for this coming week.... 
This week I received my first actual physical books in the post that were sent by publishers. I scared the postman with my enthusiasm when I received the package! 

And in non-blogging stuff, I have just got back from a weekend away in Kent, which was for a very very good friend's birthday. Tequila and Twilight were involved, as well as a lot of wine, shopping, takeaways, and dancing. Not necessarily in that order. 

Next week, NaNoWriMo continues, after it was neglected somewhat this week. I know that I'm not going to reach the 50,000 word target by the end of the month, but I still plan to pass 30,000, and am hoping for 40,000. *performs dramatic stretches and sharpens quill before resuming writing*. The bar on the blog (top right on the side bar) isn't a total word count, as I appear to have pages of writing dotted around in every notebook I possess, as well as in various documents on the kindle and laptop. And finally, Very very good friend, also known as the Kentish Lady, is visiting this week, (even though I just saw her today), and its the first time she'll have seen my new digs and whatnot. Excited squeal for friends!

What did everyone get their mits on this week?  Let me know in the comments below.

Have a great week, and see you next weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free ice cream and beer for all who comment! Ok, that's a promise I can't keep. Maybe a hug if we ever meet in the real world... or just leave your twitter handle and I'll send you a virtual one? Maybe.
Anyway, I'm grateful that you took the time to comment. You are indeed mighty witty.