Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Teaser Tuesday #13


This is a post for Teaser Tuesday, which is where I randomly pick a page of the book I'm reading at the moment, and share with all you lovelies two sentences off that page, with no spoilers allowed. This is a weekly event, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. The button is supplied by the lovely Kylee of Babbling of a Bookaholic. 



 This week I'm reading The Secret Supper Club, by Dana Bate. It is due to be published on the 6th of December, and is by far the best chick lit I have read this year (and I've not even finished it yet). In this part, Hannah Sugarman is at a house party, and her boyfriend, Adam, has wandered off to network (despite promising not to), or something equally douchey.


p. 45. I am now standing in the corner of the living room by myself, the only sober person among the throng of gyrating wonks, a distinction I feel compelled to eliminate. At this point, alcohol is a means for survival.


What does everyone think?  I'd love to know your thoughts. 
See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Nice one! New follower: http://novelsandbiscuits.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following. Love the name!

      Delete

Free ice cream and beer for all who comment! Ok, that's a promise I can't keep. Maybe a hug if we ever meet in the real world... or just leave your twitter handle and I'll send you a virtual one? Maybe.
Anyway, I'm grateful that you took the time to comment. You are indeed mighty witty.