Saturday, 10 November 2012

Things I'm Loving #6


Because sometimes, I do things other than read....


This week I am loving...


Overhearing people saying nice things about me.

I am absolutely terrible at taking compliments. I usually find a way to discount that person's opinion, or find flaw with their motives. Compliments from strangers are easier to accept than from people close to me, because (in my mind) strangers generally feel no obligation to be nice to other strangers, and therefore they must mean the compliment.

But yes, overhearing people paying you a compliment. That's the bee's knees and whatnot that makes my ego swell to the point its so large I can barely fit through doors. Especially when it is something really unexpected that they say, from someone really unexpected.

Ok, and now onto something else that is, hopefully, a little less self involved.... ooh, look! A puppy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free ice cream and beer for all who comment! Ok, that's a promise I can't keep. Maybe a hug if we ever meet in the real world... or just leave your twitter handle and I'll send you a virtual one? Maybe.
Anyway, I'm grateful that you took the time to comment. You are indeed mighty witty.