- So for the last few days I've been complaining about predictable books designed to invoke fuzzy Christmas feelings.... this is definitely not one of those books!
- Think Call of Duty, Day of the Triffids, Aliens and the Futurama Christmas special (with evil Santa and victimised elves), all mushed into one, and add in some mutated reindeer, and you are kind of getting on the right train of thought with this book.
- Grotesque, hilarious, twisted, and certainly not fuzzy, this horror is definitely a guy's read.
- Franklin Cortez Morris is a supernatural bounty hunter, tracking down and disposing of evil and creepy stuff ever since his sister was murdered. His most recent job takes him to the North Pole, where Santa has been acting weird, taking over by aliens, or spores from outer space, or something.
- I'm not sure that I can give this a rating, as it is such an odd read, especially for a Christmas book.
Monday, 24 December 2012
Mini-review- The Santa Thing, by Robert Freese
On the eleventh day of Christmas, Rachel gave to thee... a review of The Santa Thing, by Robert Freese, (and eleven pipers piping etc.)