Thursday, 3 January 2013

Bout of Books 6.0 Goals

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon
Yes, it is finally time for Bout of Books 6.0...


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books 6.0 team

TIME DEVOTED TO READING

I will be reading as much as possible, as I am gainfully unemployed- *cough* that is totally a concept... my unemployed status is utilised to make a profitable use of all my spare time... anyway...

MY GOALS
In the last Bout of Books I read nearly 3 books, but my progress was hampered by numerous factors, including working several 12 hour shifts through the read-a-thon week.
So this time my goals are...

  • To read at least 4 books
  • To get more involved in the Bout of Books Community, via twitter and people's various blogs.
  • To review all of the books read over the next fortnight.
Don't forget that I am running a challenge (more like a lovely chat/opinion giving) about everyone's favourite vampires on the 10th, so remember to stop by and share!



BOOKS TO READ

Ebooks
The Book Waitress, by Deena Remiel
Dinner With A Vampire, by Abigail Gibbs

Books
Archangel's Kiss, by Nalini Singh
Throne of Jade, by Naomi Novik
Beautiful Disaster, by Jamie McGuire

Arcs
The Death of Lyndon Wilder and The Consequences Thereof, by E. A. Dineley

Also remember that I am the Queen of Literary Indecision- This list of books can and most likely will change.


Wishing everyone the best of luck!! I shall be hopping around various blogs to yay people along in encouragement during the read-a-thon!



16 comments:

  1. I'm not sure you're the only Queen of Literary Indecision...I can't even put up a list yet! ;)

    I hope you manage to get to Beautiful Disaster, it was one of my favorite books read in 2012!

    Enjoy the read-a-thon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I read Beautiful Disaster last summer and thought it was fantastic, and obviously worth a reread. I can't wait for April when the sequel is released!

      Delete
  2. I really liked Beautiful Disaster even though it was a roller coaster of emotions lol. Good luck with your goals. And don't feel bad about being unemployed. The whole reason I started blogging last year was because I was working part time and had all this time on my hands. Thanks for stopping by the other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, its nice that blogging feels like such a productive activity, when I would just be talking about books anyway. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. Like you, my list will definitely change before the thon is over =D The 10th is my challenge date as well; I'm excited for it! Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I'll make sure to your challenge out! Good luck with your goals too! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh cool! I'm loving your choice of books! You aren't unemployed if you're employed reading books! :) Lol.

    Anyways! Good luck with your goal to read 4 books. I'm a bit ambitions with how many books I want to read in a week. But hey! No harm there. Hope to see you on the tweet chat!

    My Goals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes reading is a full time thing some days (but never a job, as its never taxing). Good luck with your goals too!

      Delete
  5. Great choice of books. Beautiful Disaster is an intense read but I really did like it. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Good luck with your own goals too!

      Delete
  6. Oooh great picks! I adored Archangel's Kiss so I really hope you enjoy it too :)

    My Bout of Books goals are here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read it before but that was a few years ago now, and I enjoyed the first one, Angel's blood, more the second time around. thanks and good luck with your goals too.

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to your challenge!

    My Read-a-thon post.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am too, especially looking forward to seeing how creative people's answers can get!

      Delete
  8. I've heard Beautiful Disasters was good!
    Good luck on your goals and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower here! Good luck on the Readathon! I'm participating too.

    http://thinksbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Free ice cream and beer for all who comment! Ok, that's a promise I can't keep. Maybe a hug if we ever meet in the real world... or just leave your twitter handle and I'll send you a virtual one? Maybe.
Anyway, I'm grateful that you took the time to comment. You are indeed mighty witty.