Monday, 14 January 2013

Bout of Books 6.0 Updates

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon
Sooo.... This is my updates post for Bout of Books 6.0. I'll be updating this throughout the week and what not. My goals are available here. Enjoy!


UPDATES

Monday
Number of books I've read today: 1
Number of Pages read today: 66% (ebook I had already started)
Total number of books I've read: 1
Books: A Cut-throat Business, by Jenna Bennett

Thoughts: I've been ill for a few days now, and all sleepy, miserable and grumpy because of it. I've been struggling to get back to this book for a while, so I was glad to finish it, but also glad to see that it was actually better than I thought it was going to be.



Tuesday
Number of books I've read today: 0
Number of Pages read today: 228+ 8
Total number of books I've read: 1
Books: Wait For Me, by Elisabeth Naughton; Divergent, by Veronica Roth

Thoughts: Read a lot this morning, then popped off to the library, and ended up coming back with Divergent, by Veronica Roth. Yet again I have gone off-list for Bout of Books!!! I have some sort of job fair thing to go to tomorrow, so I don't expect much reading will get done. But I can hope.

Wednesday

Number of books I've read today: 2
Number of Pages read today: 17 + 479
Total number of books I've read: 3
Books: Wait For Me, by Elisabeth Naughton; Divergent, by Veronica Roth

Thoughts: Divergent.... OMG... WOW. My head has just imploded from the unexpected total love I now hold for this book. Honestly did not expect to like it this much. And finished Wait for Me, as well, which I liked the plot, but there was something that annoyed me (and I'm too tired to figure out what). Maybe it just paled in comparison to Divergent. So far kicking ass on my aims for the weeks reading, so YAY!


Thursday

Number of books I've read today: 0
Number of Pages read today: 41
Total number of books I've read: 3
Books: Archangel's Kiss, by Nalini Singh

Thoughts: Oh my gosh, you guys!! My Vampires in popular culture challenge was running today (and still is here, feel free to add your comments still), and you guys have just been so amazingly enthusiastic. I did attempt to make some book spine poetry for the other challenge being run today, but I only have a few books here in London at the moment, and my head has no reason or rhyme, and so failed in monstrous proportions.
I also went to a job interview, and took a 2 hour nap, before applying for a load of random jobs (interrupted occasionally by me reading all your fantastic comments), and so reading time has been sparse today. But tomorrow is looking gooood. I have also allocated a load of time for replying to comments tomorrow, and stalking everyone else participating in the readathon, as well as writing some reviews before I forget how good all these books are.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Number of books I've read today: 0
Number of Pages read today:141 + 71
Total number of pages I've read:
Books: Archangel's Kiss, by Nalini Singh, Her Heart for the asking, by Lisa Mondello.

Thoughts: Very busy fews days with job applications and social life etc, but some reading got done. Again, like Bout of Books 5.0 I have managed to slow down by the end of the week and end up reading slightly less than my aims. My final total is more like 3 and two halves, so I'm totally going to count that as four books. My total page count is 1170 pages which I thought was pretty good. It is definitely more than I would read in a standard week anyway. How did everyone else do?

5 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling 100% better soon, good luck for the rest of the read-a-thon

    Here are my updates from Day 1
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay to go off the list when Divergent is involved :D
    Hope you enjoy it! :)

    Good luck reading with all the work you hafta do.

    Faye @ A Daydreamer's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha so glad you enjoyed Divergent! And diverging from your list ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Free ice cream and beer for all who comment! Ok, that's a promise I can't keep. Maybe a hug if we ever meet in the real world... or just leave your twitter handle and I'll send you a virtual one? Maybe.
Anyway, I'm grateful that you took the time to comment. You are indeed mighty witty.