Saturday, 10 January 2015

Bout of Books 12 updates

Bout of Books
Day one- Monday
I finished a book yesterday! I have been reading Darkangel (The Witches of Cleopatra Hill Book 1), by Christine Pope for a few days, but I had a few hours spread over yesterday morning and late last night to really get into it. Overall, I really liked the book, although there were a few wobbles in the middle where it was a bit slow, and it seemed a tad plotless for a moment- by the end though, it is clear that all of the non-plot bits that I felt were out of place in the middle actually made sense once the big-twist-reveal was made during the final few chapters.
I'll post a full review during the week, but for anyone who wants to check it out, Darkangel is the first book in the giant compilation 'The Paranormal 13', which is a free ebook- link below!

The Paranormal 13 (13 free books featuring witches, vampires, werewolves, mermaids, psychics, Loki, time travel and more!): Boxed Set Including a 14th free novel!

Tuesday
I didn't get much reading today, but I did manage a few chapters of Darknight, the second book in the series of The Witches of Cleopatra Hill. So far it is really good, but I can't help but feel that Angela, the book's protagonist is acting far too blasé about being kidnapped by a rival clan in the previous book. Yes, she has found her consort, her one true love etc, but she is the Prima of a Clan of Witches who she is definitely responsible for! Other than a few attempts to open the magically shut front door and a quick email to her family letting them know where she is, her attempts have been totally non-existent!

Link to the book:Darknight (The Witches of Cleopatra Hill Book 2)


Wednesday
Again, only managed a few chapters of my book again- Angela's lack of escape plan has gotten me super frustrated with her, making it hard to focus. Plus- snowstorm! Spent several hours preparing for that, as well as trying to rearrange Doogal's flight to Lebanon to avoid the snowstorm.

Thursday
Yet again, not much reading done today- we are in the middle of a snowstorm here in the Middle East, and so Doogal and I have been spending large amounts of time on the Xbox and making snowmen. Did manage to get some fiction notes down instead, and a bit of work done too, so at least I did something productive!

Friday-
Its officially too cold to hold my kindle- watching youtube videos and playing xbox with hands hidden under many blankets.

Saturday-
Spent a lot of time working today, trying to get ahead with my articles so that I can have a few days off when I go and visit my family in England next week. Other than packing and a few odds and ends, tonight and tomorrow look free, so I'm hoping to finish my book before the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free ice cream and beer for all who comment! Ok, that's a promise I can't keep. Maybe a hug if we ever meet in the real world... or just leave your twitter handle and I'll send you a virtual one? Maybe.
Anyway, I'm grateful that you took the time to comment. You are indeed mighty witty.